Following its release at the end of June, 343 Industries has now pushed out an update for Halo 5‘s newest mode, Warzone Firefight. As outlined in this week’s Community Update blog post, 343 laid out all of the changes delivered to the mode through the update this week.
There are changes for Warzone Firefight’s five of six maps, and they involve things like moving objectives to different rounds and reducing the number of target kill assignments. You can see the complete patch notes below.
343 multiplayer designer David Ellis said the amount of data being generated from Warzone Firefight playthroughs has “grown exponentially” since the mode’s beta in April this year. The beta only had one map, Escape from A.R.C, but the full release has six.
“In general, we’re pleased with what we’ve seen regarding the conquering of those pesky AI foes,” Ellis said. “However, that data, alongside feedback gathered from a variety of internet locales and social media, helped us identify a few objectives that were not playing at a difficulty appropriate to the round where they exist.”
Ellis mentioned that, in addition to what’s mentioned in the patch notes, there are some “additional under the hood changes in this release that should improve your in-game experience” as well as help prepare for future updates.
Warzone Firefight Patch Notes:
- Moved “Defend the Garage” objective from Round 1 to Round 2
- Moved “Defend the Forerunner Powercore” (Hill) objective to Round 3
- Moved “Eliminate Knight Sublimis and the Phaeton Helmsmen” objective to Round 4
- Moved “Eliminate the Banshee Raiders” objective to Round 4
- Moved “Kill 35 Prometheans” objective to Round 3
MARCH ON STORMBREAK
- Reduced target number for “Kill Soldiers” objective in Round 2 from 50 to 35
- Reduced target number for “Kill Knights” objective in Round 4 from 25 to 20
RAID ON APEX 7
- Moved “Kill 60 Grunts” objective to Round 3
- Moved Solder Bandit boss objective to Round 3
- Moved “Eliminate the Hunter Particulars” objective to round 4
- Moved “Eliminate the Hunter Premiers” objective to round 3
- Moved “Eliminate the Warden Eternal” objective to Round 4
- Moved “Kill 25 Knights” objective to Round 4
- Reduced number of knight waves that come in with Grunt Boss in Round 5
SKIRMISH AT DARKSTAR
- Moved “Defend the Armory” (Promethean) to Round 2
- Moved “Defend the Armory” (Covenant) to Round 1
- Moved “Eliminate the Soldier Commandos” objective to Round 4
- Moved “Eliminate the Phaeton Helmsmen” objective to Round 4
- Moved “Eliminate the Warden Eternal” objective to Round 3
ESCAPE FROM A.R.C.
- Moved “Defend the Garage” objective to round 4
- Moved “Eliminate the Recon Pilots” objective to Round 3
It’s not just Halo 5’s Warzone Firefight that received an update this week. 343 also pushed out a fix for a lighting issue on Forge’s new Tidal canvas.
“Ironically enough, the issue arose in relation to a change we made in how we structure the map internally–a change that we thought would actually optimize the map a bit more,” user-generated content lead Tom French said. “Unfortunately, it actually ended up causing everything in the sky box to re-light bake unnecessarily, resulting in drastically increased bake times. This new hotfix should address these issues and immediately improve players’ Forging experience on Tidal.”
In other news about Forge, 343 released the following image without context:
This could be an image from Halo 5’s upcoming file browser, which will be available on Xbox One as well as Windows 10 PC.
Go to Halo Waypoint to read the full Community Update post.
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.
Recommended article from FiveFilters.org: Most Labour MPs in the UK Are Revolting.