Arnold Schwarzenegger Reveals Why He's Not In The Predator

The Predator is the long-awaited next part of the long-running sci-fi action franchise, and it is currently in production. Director Shane Black has previously stated that the movie will be a sequel to the classic 1987 Predator–however, original star Arnold Schwarzenegger won’t be in there. Now the Austrian superstar has revealed why he’s not involved.

No Caption Provided

In an interview with Yahoo, Schwarzenegger explained that he had read the script–and wasn’t impressed with what he was being offered. “They asked me, and I read it, and I didn’t like it–whatever they offered,” he said. “So I’m not going to do that, no. Except if there’s a chance that they rewrite it, or make it a more significant role.”

Schwarzenegger’s comments imply that there was at one stage a small role for him. However, last month star Boyd Holbrook suggested it would be a “gimmick” to include him in the movie. “It’s real fresh. I don’t think you’re going to see Schwarzenegger. It would kind of make it a gimmick,” he said.

The Predator also stars Trevante Rhodes (Moonlight), Keegan-Michael Key (Keanu, Key & Peele), Sterling K. Brown (The People v. OJ Simpson), Olivia Munn (X-Men: Apocalypse), and 10-year-old Jacob Tremblay (Room). Black has released a couple of cast images over the past few weeks–check them out here and here.

The Predator hits theaters on March 2, 2018.

  View Comments (0)

Let’s block ads! (Why?)

GameSpot